Nuffnang

Monday, July 2, 2012

Nasi Lemak Pak Cik @ Restoran Elaango Klang


Introduced to me by a friend more than 10 years ago, this is a hidden gem known only to the locals, until now.


The nasi lemak stall has a very peculiar style. It only open from 11 am until 1 pm (2 hours of business hours only), maybe slightly later if there are customers around. 

Pak Cik preparing my nasi lemak

And because of this, the boss of this stall would have to work almost nonstop during his opening hours just to get a plate of nasi lemak to all his customers. 

The interior of Restoran Elaango


Now, about this nasi lemak. Like any other nasi lemak stall, you can get the usual nasi lemak or you can add anything there is to add, but the usual are chicken (ayam), cockle (kerang) or cuttlefish (sotong).

The nasi lemak with cuttlefish (nasi lemak sotong) is definitely the main attraction here and the customers love it. As far as I know, at least 7 of every 10 customers would actually order this. And from the first time I tasted it, I am "addicted".

The cuttlefish is cooked with Pak Cik's secret recipe, making its texture soft enough to bite thru easily. And with the nice hot fragrant rice plus all the other usual stuff, it is a taste that cannot be forget.

Nasi Lemak Sotong (something like a godsend for me)

The sotong is cooked to the just right texture

The presentation may not be the best but the taste is definitely heavenly

I have become a "devotee" for this nasi lemak sotong since the first time I had one. Nowadays, I would come to have my favourite nasi lemak sotong at least once every two weeks (due to health reason) but if you ask me to stop eating it altogether, I would rather die than doing that. No one can stand between me and this nasi lemak sotong.


Pak Cik packing nasi lemak for customers even after the stall is closed. Customers couldn't take no for an answer.

EDITED: forgotten to add the address for the Restaurant Elaango where you could find this nasi lemak. Well, here it is: No. 232, Kawasan 17, Batu 2, Jalan Meru, 41050 Klang, Selangor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...